Don't store your jewelry in the bathroom, humidity will accelerate tarnishing process and might deteriorate finish.
- Avoid applying any cleaning or chemical product to your jewelry (like perfume, bleach, shampoo,...) and avoid contact with abrasives.
- Mild soap and water (with a soft toothbrush) is all that is needed to keep it clean. Make sure to dry it through.
- For polished jewelry, you can use a dry polishing cloth to make it shine!
- Keep each piece in airtight bag (ziploc style) to slow tarnishing process and protect finish.
- For jewelry with pearls, avoid warmth and humidity (like baths, washing dishes - for rings) as it soften the epoxy glue used to set pearls. Also, when removing pearl studs, it's preferable to grad on the cup that holds the pearl.
- Wear often! Contact and friction with the skin seems to have a protective effect on Silver jewelry.
- STERLING SILVER & SOLID GOLD: These hypoallergenic metals are perfect for everyday wear and usually recommended for people with metal allergies. You can keep your jewelry when you shower (or wash your hands) but it's preferable to remove for a longer dip. Check out my Cleaning Sterling Silver post for advices.
- GOLD-FILLED: This finish is also great for everyday wear but not recommended for people with metal allergies. You can keep your jewelry when you shower (or wash your hands) but it's preferable to remove for a longer dip. Have a look at my Gold-filled Jewelry post for more info.
- BRONZE & GOLD PLATE: These are recommended for light to medium wear but not recommended for people with metal allergies. You should always remove the jewelry when bathing, swimming and sleeping.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device